Tax Assessor Tax Assessor Department Information
Within the framework of N.J.S.A. 54:3-16, 54:4-23 & 54:4-26, the Tax Assessor operates under the guidance of the Director of the Division of Taxation and the County Board of Taxation. Accordingly, the governing body has no right whatsoever to influence the Tax Assessor as to valuation and assessment method since the responsibilities of the Tax Assessor are independent of Municipal Government control. We are dedicated to effective and efficient governmental service when performing assessment functions. We will continually improve quality and excellence by:
- Providing the essential training and skills to employees, enabling competent performance;
- Encouraging employee self development, motivation, and participation;
- Fostering open communication and teamwork;
- Focusing on continual improvement of processes, systems and technology;
- Providing the necessary resources to meet these goals.