Cannabis in Lambertville
Thank you for expressing an interest in opening a retail cannabis business. The City looks forward to working with you throughout the application and permitting process. Please note that, in accordance with Section 16-14 of the City Code, you are required to submit a complete application to the City Clerk. Once that application is deemed complete, the Governing Body will review and consider a resolution of support. If such resolution is approved, you will receive a notification of award and conditional municipal permit that will then entitle you to pursue the required State retail cannabis license.
What's Allowed in Lambertville
On July 28, 2021, the City of Lambertville voted to ban 5 forms of cannabis businesses, but voted to allow, with some restrictions, certain retail operations. You can find a copy of the City’s adopted ordinance here. Please note that the State, not the City, is responsible for the permitting process for cannabis businesses.
State Resources for NJ Cannabis Businesses
NJBAC has been designated by the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission (NJCRC) to provide no-cost technical assistance, training and mentorship to recreational cannabis license applicants.
This support is critical to ensure that applicants in the social equity, legacy, Impact Zone, diversely-owned and microbusiness categories get the support they need.
What are the Next Steps
If you are interested in applying for a Class 5 Retail License for the Sale of Cannabis in the City of Lambertville, we have provided a step-by-step guide to help:
- Apply for Zoning Permit with the Lambertville Zoning Officer:
- Complete Planning Board Application. The Development Review Committee reviews all applications and agreements for completeness prior to appearing before the planning board. Those meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month. All application must be submitted at least ten (10) days prior to the scheduled meeting. The following documents are required:
- Complete Planning Board Planning Board Application
- Pay site plan Escrow Fee
- Submit Escrow Agreement
- Submit W9 Form
- Complete and submit the Preliminary / Final Site Plan Approval Checklist
- Submit three hard copies of the entire applications and agreements to the Board Professionals, and a file in PDF format to the Construction Office.
- Apply for a Class 5 Cannabis Retail License with the City of Lambertville:
- Please Download this Application and submit the completed form, attachments and a check of $2,500 (made payable to the City of Lambertville) to the Clerk’s Office at 18 York Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530.
- Apply to the State of New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC):
- Class 5 Cannabis Retail Licenses will be accepted beginning on March 15, 2022. If you have received a letter of approval from the City of Lambertville, apply for a License from the CRC.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected], or call 609.397.0110 x12